Dell Venue 11 Pro (Core)
The Dell Venue 11 Pro is a tablet powered by a 4th Generation Intel Core processor (formerly "Haswell"). There are two variants, the Venue 11 Pro (7130) and the Venue 11 Pro with vPro (7139).
For the purposes of supporting this device, Console OS performs identically between the two models. However, each version has different BIOS updates.
These tablets should not be confused with the Dell Venue 11 Pro (Atom) or the Dell Venue 11 Pro (Core M). These two other tablets share accessories and have similar functionality to the Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130/7190) featured on this page, but have very different internals.
- Venue 11 Pro ("Haswell") - Red (Console OS does not run on this device currently)
Due to issues with the kernel-firmware bugs that have come up in recent BIOS releases, the Dell Venue 11 Pro does not work at this time. Dell issued a BIOS update in late January but it did not address these issues fully. We will continue to test new firmware updates as they are released, and will additionally attempt to work around these issues when we update to Linux Kernel 3.18 with Lollipop.
- The Dell Venue 11 Pro (both Core and Atom) have had an extremely high number of component firmware updates issued. Unless you have manually gone to Dell.com and installed each and every component firmware update, performance and compatibility will be significantly hindered.
- Some of these updates do not appear using Windows Update or the built-in Dell Update applications inside Windows. You need to manually seek out and install each of these updates from the driver/download list for this tablet on Dell.com. Due to limited resources, we do not have an exhaustive list of these updates and they are subject to change, including (but not limited to), the SSD, Touch Sensor, Display Panel, Dock, Dell Tablet Keyboard, and more.
- Models with a 3G/4G radio will work, but the 3G/4G functionality will be disabled. This includes built-in GPS functionality as it depends on the 3G/4G radio. This is due to Qualcomm only publishing Windows drivers for this particular radio publicly.
While Console OS was working with earlier Venue 11 Pro BIOS on Core-based variants, it is not working currently with the latest BIOS. As such, we do not recommend attempting installation at this time.
To install Console OS on the Venue 11 Pro, you will need a keyboard. We have tested and support the Dell Tablet Keyboard that includes a hinge. We have not tested the slim-form keyboard. If you have issues with either keyboard, you should use a USB keyboard to complete installation. We have not encountered issues with either Dell Tablet Keyboard after installation has completed.
Lollipop Release Notes - Please Ignore This for Now, Subject to Change
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 vPro - BIOS A16 (With all known firmware updates installed, including display touchscreen firmware)
- Nearly all functionality appears working, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, etc
- Touchscreen is unresponsive - Need to evaluate if this is due to a vendor ID mismatch or if there is a kernel revision issue
Running into an issue? See something that you think should be on this page? Hit the green Feedback | Contact Us button below and tell us! We’ll aggregate your feedback and integrate it into the support wiki.