OpenHU Project Management
Project Plan & Milestones
This is very, very early rough-draft porting from the final work Mike Reid contributed, and our conversations with him before his passing.
- Early Phase 1 - Cleanup build process, create an easy step-by-step guide, and adjust makefiles to embrace a standalone compile process
- Early Phase 2 - Migrate from Ant & Eclipse to Gradle & Android Studio
- Bughunt - Add x86-clean (w/o Houdini) building, improve ADB reliability, and evaluate official Wi-Fi mode support
- Major Revision - Migrate NDK code over to JNI and ART for future Android OS version compatibility (likely required to run OpenHU server atop Android N final release, due to security changes to ADB server - unless Google adds an NDK ADB passthrough)
No plans to even evaluate for foreseeable future, just community brainstorming from the forums and elsewhere. Any reasonably good idea shared with us, will go here.
- Open-source Client? - Replacement for Android Auto client app
- Bluetooth PAN Connectivity - Instantly pair, connect, and use Bluetooth for video frame transfer
- Integrated OpenHU apps pushed to client - OBD2 diagnostics/status, Torque integration, connected services, etc